This summer we're choosing our next leader. Everyone who is a member at midnight, TOMORROW, Thursday 9th July will get their say and their chance to shape our party's future.
The Horsham & Crawley Liberal Democrats have already had ‘face to face’ – via Zoom – meetings with both candidates.
On Friday, 26 June, local party members were invited to join a Zoom call ‘Layla Listens to West Sussex’. Layla spoke about her ‘radical liberalism’ and that in future elections we need to take votes from both the Labour and Tory candidates. Layla wants to engage young people in our party, and see more people voting Liberal Democrat from a young age.
On Tuesday, 30 June, we were invited to a ‘Q&A with Ed Davey MP’. Ed spoke about the need for investment in green technology as a way to fix our economy post COVID-19. We have also been reminded to value our carers, and that now more than ever we must invest in our caring society.
You can find out more about each candidate and their visions from their campaign websites:
It is almost time to decide. But first, you must JOIN the Liberal Democrats by midnight on Thursday 9th July to get your vote. Every member gets an equal say.
- Thursday 9th July (5 PM) - closing date for delivery of completed nomination papers
- Thursday 9th July (Midnight) - closing date for membership registrations
- Thursday 30th July - dispatch of ballot papers
- Wednesday 26th August - deadline for receipt of ballot papers (AKA Close of ballot)
- Thursday 27th August (time TBC) - verification, count and declaration